28 Feb 2022
I write letters home every now and then to ~20 of my family, close friends, and close friends to be.
This is my way of inviting conversation, feeling heard, and staying connected. I'm writing this because you matter to me.
Though I would love for you to read and respond, this email comes expectation-free.
The last month in bullet points:
- Started running a few times per week
- A friend of mine had a house gathering - the first time I've been to a large social gathering in a while, maybe since the pandemic started?
- Hike with Dad
- Got a haircut
- Another friend of mine had a gathering at a popular inner city bar - bizarre to have to talk over music and other people
- Our shipment of stuff from NZ finally arrived
- Hike with David
- Caught up with Luke for the first time in almost two years
- Mum's birthday - there's a pizza place a few blocks away that none of us had ever eaten at
It's interesting how most of the things worth mentioning involve other people.
Anyway, at the moment, Brisbane is flooding. We're all safe.
The devastation in Brisbane and further away is hard to look at and hard to turn away from.
Right now, I'm just focusing on exquisite self-care, staying in touch with people, and the changes I'm trying to make happen in the world.
Hoping you're all well.